Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 13 mph
- Barometer30.34 in (1030.1 mb)
- Dewpoint2°F (-17°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill6°F (-14°C)
Current conditions at
Pittsburgh International Airport (KPIT)
Lat: 40.51 Lon: -80.22 Elev: 1150ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Partly sunny, with a high near 18. West wind around 11 mph.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13. Wind chill values as low as -1. Southwest wind around 11 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 31. Wind chill values as low as zero. Southwest wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Friday Night Snow likely, mainly after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Southwest wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Snow before noon, then rain and snow. High near 35. South wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain and snow likely before 1am, then a chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 28. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Allegheny County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE