Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 12 G 18 mph
- Barometer30.05 in
- Dewpoint25°F (-4°C)
- Visibility7.00 mi
- Wind Chill23°F (-5°C)
Current conditions at
Lat: 39.07 Lon: -88.53 Elev: 587ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow, freezing rain, and sleet likely before noon, then a chance of snow and sleet after 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 33. Northwest wind 11 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Total daytime snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tonight Snow. Low around 20. Northwest wind 9 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Friday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 26. North wind 11 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 9. Wind chill values between -1 and 4. North northwest wind around 11 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 23. North wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Sunday A 40 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 29.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 19.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 23.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Shelby County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE