Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Thunderstorm Light Rain in Vicinity
- Wind SpeedN 13 mph
- Barometer30.17 in
- Dewpoint32°F (0°C)
- Visibility4.00 mi
- Wind Chill27°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
Huntsville-Madison Co Exec Airport (KMDQ)
Lat: 34.86 Lon: -86.56 Elev: 755ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Rain, freezing rain, and sleet before 1am, then a chance of rain or freezing rain between 1am and 4am. Low around 29. North northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Saturday Cloudy, with a high near 38. North wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Saturday Night Rain, mainly after 1am. Low around 33. North wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Rain. High near 44. East northeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 38. Calm wind becoming west southwest around 5 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Monday Rain, mainly before 7am. High near 43. North northwest wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night A slight chance of rain before 7pm, then a chance of snow and sleet. Cloudy, with a low around 29. North wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday A chance of snow and sleet. Partly sunny, with a high near 39. North northwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23. North northwest wind around 5 mph.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 44.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 31.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 50.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Bedford County, TN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE