Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 5 mph
- Barometer30.24 in (1024.7 mb)
- Dewpoint2°F (-17°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill14°F (-10°C)
Current conditions at
Martinsburg, Eastern W. Virginia Reg/Shepherdstown (KMRB)
Lat: 39.41 Lon: -77.98 Elev: 531ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Partly cloudy, with a low around 16. Light southwest wind.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of snow after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Snow before 1pm, then snow and sleet between 1pm and 4pm, then freezing rain and sleet after 4pm. High near 32. Calm wind becoming east 5 to 7 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain or freezing rain, mainly before midnight. Low around 31. East wind around 6 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 41.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, WV
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE