Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 13 mph
- Barometer30.44 in (1031.2 mb)
- Dewpoint16°F (-9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill8°F (-13°C)
Current conditions at
Cape Girardeau Regional Airport (KCGI)
Lat: 37.23 Lon: -89.58 Elev: 337ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 10pm. Cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 9. Wind chill values as low as -5. North wind 11 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 22. Wind chill values as low as -5. North northeast wind around 11 mph.
- Saturday Night A chance of freezing rain and sleet after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 21. Northeast wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday A chance of freezing rain and sleet. Cloudy, with a high near 30. Northeast wind 5 to 9 mph becoming calm in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Calm wind becoming west 5 to 7 mph in the evening.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 28. North northwest wind around 7 mph.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10. North northwest wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 27. North northwest wind around 6 mph becoming west southwest in the morning.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 9. West southwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 31. Light and variable wind.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14. Northeast wind 3 to 5 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. North northeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 20. East southeast wind 3 to 6 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 40. South southeast wind around 6 mph.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Scott County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE