Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 7 mph
- Barometer29.58 in (1001.6 mb)
- Dewpoint29°F (-2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill36°F (2°C)
Current conditions at
Windsor Locks, Bradley International Airport (KBDL)
Lat: 41.94°N Lon: 72.68°W Elev: 160ft.
Simsbury Center CT
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain likely, mainly after 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 45. East wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain, freezing rain, and sleet before 2am, then snow and sleet likely between 2am and 3am, then snow likely after 3am. Patchy fog between 9pm and 11pm. Low around 13. Northeast wind 6 to 11 mph becoming northwest 13 to 18 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday Snow showers likely, mainly before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 20. Wind chill values as low as -6. Blustery, with a northwest wind 21 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 44 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming clear, with a low around 10. Wind chill values as low as -3. Northwest wind 11 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37. Southwest wind 6 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 49.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Hartford County, CT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE