Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSE 7 mph
- Barometer30.51 in (1035.8 mb)
- Dewpoint-2°F (-19°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-5°F (-21°C)
Current conditions at
Sioux Gateway Airport (KSUX)
Lat: 42.41 Lon: -96.38 Elev: 1102ft.
Sioux City IA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a temperature rising to around 11 by 1am. South wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30. Light south southwest wind becoming south 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable after midnight.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 22. Light and variable wind becoming north 10 to 15 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night Cloudy, with a low around 8. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 18.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 4.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 20.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Wednesday A slight chance of snow. Mostly sunny, with a high near 33. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Woodbury County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE