Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, Arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 7 mph
- Barometer30.57 in (1039.1 mb)
- Dewpoint-14°F (-26°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-22°F (-30°C)
Current conditions at
Sioux Falls, Foss Field (KFSD)
Lat: 43.59 Lon: -96.74 Elev: 1434ft.
Sioux Falls SD
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 4. Wind chill values as low as -20. West wind around 10 mph becoming south southwest.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a temperature rising to around 11 by midnight. South wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 9. Light and variable wind becoming east northeast 5 to 10 mph after midnight.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 21. East northeast wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of light snow. Cloudy, with a low around 6. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 14.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -2.
- Sunday A slight chance of light snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 8. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 0.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 24.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 26.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Minnehaha County, SD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE