Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
- Wind SpeedW 20 G 28 mph
- Barometer30.14 in (1020.7 mb)
- Dewpoint7°F (-14°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill13°F (-11°C)
Current conditions at
Islip, Long Island Mac Arthur Airport (KISP)
Lat: 40.8 Lon: -73.1 Elev: 84ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Partly sunny, with a high near 35. West wind 13 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19. Northwest wind 6 to 8 mph becoming north after midnight.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 30. Northeast wind 9 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Snow before 10pm, then rain or freezing rain between 10pm and 4am, then rain after 4am. Low around 28. Breezy, with an east wind 14 to 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37. Breezy, with a northwest wind 15 to 20 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 31.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northwest Suffolk, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE