Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 14 MPH
- Barometer30.04 in
- Dewpoint28°F (-2°C)
- Visibility0.50 mi
- Wind Chill17°F (-8°C)
Current conditions at
Newport, Newport Municipal Airport (KONP)
Lat: 44.58028 Lon: -124.05806 Elev: 161ft.
5 Miles SSE Newport OR
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow. Temperature rising to near 33 by 11am, then falling to around 29 during the remainder of the day. East southeast wind 11 to 15 mph becoming northeast in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming clear, with a low around 17. Northeast wind around 17 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 30. East northeast wind around 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22. East wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 35. East wind around 7 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Monday Night A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Tuesday A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 44.
- Tuesday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40.
- Wednesday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 46.
- Wednesday Night Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 46.
- Thursday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 52.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Central Oregon Coast, OR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE