Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 10 mph
- Dewpoint1°F (-17°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill1°F (-17°C)
Current conditions at
Janesville / Rock County (KJVL)
Lat: 42.62 Lon: -89.03 Elev: 807ft.
3 Miles NW Orfordville WI
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow, mainly after 11am. High near 26. East wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Tonight Snow, mainly before 3am. Low around 15. East wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Monday Areas of blowing snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 17. Wind chill values between -5 and 5. West wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 6. Wind chill values between -5 and -10. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 21. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Tuesday Night A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10. West wind 5 to 15 mph.
- Wednesday Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 14. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 3. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southwest after midnight.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 21.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Rock County, WI
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE