Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.66 in (1004.5 mb)
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Springfield, Capital Airport (KSPI)
Lat: 39.86°N Lon: 89.67°W Elev: 586ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 69. Light south southwest wind increasing to 5 to 9 mph in the morning.
- Tonight Rain after 8pm, mixing with snow after 2am. Low around 29. Blustery, with a light and variable wind becoming north 19 to 24 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Wednesday Snow, mainly before 8am. High near 33. Breezy, with a north northwest wind 20 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16. North northwest wind 6 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 48. Light southwest wind increasing to 6 to 11 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 15 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 34.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 57.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 53.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Sunday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Sangamon County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE