Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 10 mph
- Barometer30.11 in (1020.4 mb)
- Dewpoint20°F (-7°C)
- Visibility2.50 mi
- Wind Chill15°F (-9°C)
Current conditions at
Springfield, Capital Airport (KSPI)
Lat: 39.86 Lon: -89.67 Elev: 586ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Snow likely before 3pm, then a chance of freezing drizzle. Cloudy, with a high near 27. East southeast wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tonight A chance of freezing drizzle before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 18. South southeast wind 6 to 10 mph becoming west after midnight.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 24. West wind 9 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 17 mph.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13. Wind chill values between 1 and 7. West wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 29. West southwest wind 9 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 14.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 28.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Sangamon County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE