Winter storm impacting Northeast; cold temperatures in place in the eastern U.S.
A winter storm system will continue to move through northern New England on Thursday, bringing accumulating snow to the region. Also, winds around this system will be strong from the Mid-Atlantic to the Northeast, with numerous Wind Advisories in effect this morning.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.14 in (1021.2 mb)
- Dewpoint20°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Springfield, Capital Airport (KSPI)
Lat: 39.86°N Lon: 89.67°W Elev: 586ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 50. Light southeast wind becoming south southwest 9 to 14 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 18 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 39. South wind 10 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 16 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 60. South southwest wind 14 to 16 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 24 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 33. West northwest wind 5 to 8 mph becoming light and variable after midnight.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 57. Calm wind becoming north northeast around 6 mph in the afternoon.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 52.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 52.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Sangamon County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE