Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSE 6 mph
- Barometer30.57 in (1037.1 mb)
- Dewpoint2°F (-17°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-5°F (-21°C)
Current conditions at
Springfield-Branson National Airport (KSGF)
Lat: 37.23 Lon: -93.38 Elev: 1259ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Clear, with a low around 3. Wind chill values as low as -6. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 36. Wind chill values as low as -6. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 23. Wind chill values as low as 15. South wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Friday Snow, freezing rain, and sleet likely before 11am, then rain, snow, and sleet likely between 11am and noon, then rain likely after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 38. Wind chill values as low as 16. South wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Friday Night Snow and sleet likely before midnight, then a chance of sprinkles or freezing rain between midnight and 3am, then a chance of freezing rain after 3am. Cloudy, with a low around 31. South wind 5 to 9 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 34.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 42.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 25.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 47.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Greene County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE