Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 8 mph
- Barometer30.25 in (1025.9 mb)
- Dewpoint13°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill9°F (-13°C)
Current conditions at
Springfield-Branson National Airport (KSGF)
Lat: 37.23 Lon: -93.38 Elev: 1259ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Snow. Steady temperature around 20. Wind chill values as low as 8. North wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Friday Snow, mainly before 3pm. High near 21. Wind chill values as low as 2. North wind 11 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 0. Wind chill values as low as -10. North wind around 9 mph.
- Saturday Sunny and cold, with a high near 19. Wind chill values as low as -12. East wind around 9 mph.
- Saturday Night A 40 percent chance of snow after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14. East wind around 9 mph.
- Sunday A chance of snow before 9am, then a chance of snow, freezing drizzle, and sleet between 9am and 3pm, then a chance of snow and freezing drizzle after 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 26. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 22.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -1.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 24.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 8.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 30.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Greene County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE