Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure system will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring a variety of wintry weather to a large portion of the country. Hardest hit areas are expected to be in the Northeast and New England where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
- Wind SpeedNW 5 mph
- Barometer29.66 in (1004.8 mb)
- Dewpoint28°F (-2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill47°F (8°C)
Current conditions at
White Plains, Westchester County Airport (KHPN)
Lat: 41.08°N Lon: 73.72°W Elev: 400ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Cloudy, with a low around 36. Calm wind.
- Wednesday Rain, mainly after noon. High near 50. East wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain before midnight, then rain and snow showers likely between midnight and 2am, then a chance of snow showers after 2am. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 21. Blustery, with a south wind 6 to 11 mph becoming northwest 19 to 24 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23. Windy, with a northwest wind 26 to 28 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11. Blustery, with a west wind 16 to 21 mph decreasing to 9 to 14 mph after midnight.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 38.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 50.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 36.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Fairfield, CT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE