Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
- Wind SpeedW 13 mph
- Barometer29.61 in (1002.6 mb)
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Islip, Long Island Mac Arthur Airport (KISP)
Lat: 40.8°N Lon: 73.1°W Elev: 84ft.
Stony Brook NY
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 60. West wind around 9 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
- Tonight A slight chance of rain after 2am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 36. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Wednesday Rain, with thunderstorms also possible after 4pm. High near 50. East wind 7 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Wednesday Night Rain before 4am, then a chance of rain and snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 24. Breezy, with a south wind 17 to 24 mph becoming west after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Thursday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 8am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 27. Windy, with a northwest wind around 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 13. Blustery.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 38.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 49.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Monday A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northwest Suffolk, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE