Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNA
- Barometer30.46 in
- Dewpoint-4°F (-20°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Storm Lake (KSLB)
Lat: 42.6 Lon: -95.23 Elev: 1490ft.
Storm Lake IA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 7. Northwest wind around 15 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around -8. Wind chill values as low as -21. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Increasing clouds, with a high near 9. Wind chill values as low as -19. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning.
- Saturday Night Snow, mainly after midnight. Temperature rising to around 10 by 5am. East southeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Sunday Snow. High near 14. Southeast wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around 2 inches.
- Sunday Night Snow likely, mainly before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 1. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 5. Blustery.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 0.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 17. Blustery.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 0.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 15.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Buena Vista County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE