Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
- Wind SpeedNE 7 mph
- Barometer29.70 in
- Dewpoint45°F (7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill42°F (6°C)
Current conditions at
Storm Lake (KSLB)
Lat: 42.6°N Lon: 95.23°W Elev: 1490ft.
Storm Lake IA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36. East northeast wind 5 to 15 mph.
- Tuesday Rain and snow, becoming all snow after 4pm. High near 37. Breezy, with a north wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Tuesday Night A chance of snow showers before 7pm, then a slight chance of snow showers after 4am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 22. Blustery, with a north northwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Wednesday Scattered snow showers, mainly between 7am and 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 34. North northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24. North northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south southwest after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 55.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 34.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 52. Breezy.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Saturday Night A chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Buena Vista County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE