Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 7 mph
- Barometer29.89 in (1012.0 mb)
- Dewpoint53°F (12°C)
- Visibility4.00 mi
- Wind Chill52°F (11°C)
Current conditions at
Willimantic, Windham Airport (KIJD)
Lat: 41.75 Lon: -72.18 Elev: 249ft.
Storrs Mansfield CT
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain likely, mainly after 4pm. Areas of fog before 9am, then Areas of fog between 10am and 11am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 43 by noon. West wind 5 to 8 mph becoming north in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain and sleet before 3am, then snow and sleet. Low around 30. Calm wind becoming north 5 to 7 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday A chance of snow showers and sleet before 10am, then a slight chance of snow showers between 10am and noon. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 37. Northwest wind 7 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night Clear, with a low around 20. Northwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. North wind around 6 mph.
- Sunday Night Snow likely, mainly after 5am. Cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday Rain, snow, and sleet, becoming all rain after 2pm. High near 41. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Monday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Tolland County, CT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE