Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.69 in (1005.3 mb)
- Dewpoint30°F (-1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Poughkeepsie, Dutchess County Airport (KPOU)
Lat: 41.64°N Lon: 73.88°W Elev: 155ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight A chance of rain, mainly after 5am. Cloudy, with a low around 35. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Rain, mainly after 7am. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 38. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Freezing rain and sleet before 11pm, then snow. Low around 8. Wind chill values as low as -7. Blustery, with a north wind 20 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Thursday Snow showers likely with areas of blowing snow before 9am, then a chance of snow showers between 9am and 2pm, then a slight chance of snow showers after 2pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 16. Wind chill values as low as -13. Blustery, with a northwest wind around 22 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 1. Northwest wind 13 to 18 mph becoming light west after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Saturday A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Greene, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE