Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 7 mph
- Barometer30.11 in (1022.9 mb)
- Dewpoint12°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill7°F (-14°C)
Current conditions at
Pocono Mountains Municipal Airport (KMPO)
Lat: 41.14 Lon: -75.38 Elev: 1916ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight A slight chance of snow showers before 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13. Northwest wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24. Northwest wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10. West wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 28. West wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Friday Night A chance of snow, mainly after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Snow. High near 30. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday Night Snow before 1am, then snow, freezing rain, and sleet likely. Low around 23. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 32.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Monroe County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE