Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Snow Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedN 7 mph
- Barometer30.01 in (1016.0 mb)
- Dewpoint31°F (-1°C)
- Visibility2.00 mi
- Wind Chill27°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
Hickory Regional Airport (KHKY)
Lat: 35.76°N Lon: 81.38°W Elev: 1165ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain, snow, and sleet, becoming all rain after noon. Patchy fog between 11am and noon. High near 46. North wind 7 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tonight Patchy fog after 3am. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 33. Light and variable wind.
- Saturday Patchy fog between 7am and 8am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 67. West northwest wind 5 to 8 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon.
- Saturday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 41. Southwest wind around 6 mph becoming west northwest after midnight.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 66. West southwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 68.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 41.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 70.
- Tuesday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 45. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Wednesday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 62. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Wednesday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 51.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Alexander County, NC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE