Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 6 mph
- Barometer30.28 in (1026.4 mb)
- Dewpoint18°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill19°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
Indianapolis, Eagle Creek Airpark (KEYE)
Lat: 39.83 Lon: -86.3 Elev: 820ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 26. North wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Tonight A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before 8pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 11. Northwest wind around 10 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 21. Wind chill values as low as zero. North northwest wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14. North wind 5 to 9 mph becoming east after midnight.
- Sunday A 40 percent chance of snow, mainly after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29. East wind 10 to 13 mph.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow, freezing drizzle, and sleet before 1am, then a chance of snow and freezing drizzle. Cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 20.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 21.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Boone County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE