Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
- Wind SpeedNE 12 G 29 MPH
- Barometer30.11 in (1020.0 mb)
- Dewpoint5°F (-15°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill22°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Tacoma, Tacoma Narrows Airport (KTIW)
Lat: 47.26750 Lon: -122.57611 Elev: 315ft.
University Place WA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 18. Northeast wind 15 to 18 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 30. Northeast wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 19. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph after midnight.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19. Calm wind.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Monday Night A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tuesday A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 39.
- Tuesday Night A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Wednesday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 43.
- Wednesday Night Rain. Cloudy, with a low around 39.
- Thursday Rain. Cloudy, with a high near 45.
- Thursday Night Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Friday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 45.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Tacoma Area, WA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE