Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 3 mph
- Barometer30.28 in (1025.4 mb)
- Dewpoint37°F (3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Gainesville Regional Airport (KGNV)
Lat: 29.68 Lon: -82.27 Elev: 134ft.
University of Florida FL
7 Day Forecast
- Today Patchy frost before 8am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 69. Light and variable wind becoming east 6 to 11 mph in the morning.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 52. East wind 3 to 6 mph.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly after 5pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 78. Breezy, with a southeast wind 5 to 15 mph.
- Saturday Night A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 64. Southwest wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before noon, then a chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 69. Northwest wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday Night A 30 percent chance of showers before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 63.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 39.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 70.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 41.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 71.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 43.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 72.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Alachua County, FL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE