Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 10 mph
- Barometer30.07 in (1018.9 mb)
- Dewpoint47°F (8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill46°F (8°C)
Current conditions at
Camp Springs / Andrews Air Force Base (KADW)
Lat: 38.83 Lon: -76.87 Elev: 282ft.
Upper Marlboro MD
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Rain likely, mainly after 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 58. North wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain. Patchy fog before 4am. Low around 38. North wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 42. North wind 11 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Saturday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 29. North wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Snow likely before noon, then snow and sleet between noon and 4pm, then freezing rain and sleet after 4pm. High near 35. Northeast wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night Freezing rain and sleet before 8pm, then rain or freezing rain between 8pm and midnight, then rain after midnight. Low around 33. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain. High near 42. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night A chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Tuesday Night Clear, with a low around 19.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 32.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Thursday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Prince Georges County, MD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE