Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
- Wind SpeedN 8 mph
- Barometer30.33 in (1027.8 mb)
- Dewpoint35°F (2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill39°F (4°C)
Current conditions at
Valdosta Regional Airport (KVLD)
Lat: 30.79 Lon: -83.28 Elev: 200ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 60. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 46. Northeast wind around 5 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 64. North northeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 36. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph after midnight.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 66. East wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of rain after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 50.
- Saturday Rain likely, with thunderstorms also possible after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 73. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Night Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 56. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday A 40 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 66.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 40.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 61.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 63.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lowndes County, GA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE