Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 16 mph
- Barometer30.48 in (1037.5 mb)
- Dewpoint-15°F (-26°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-30°F (-34°C)
Current conditions at
Jamestown Municipal Airport (KJMS)
Lat: 46.93 Lon: -98.68 Elev: 1492ft.
Valley City ND
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Clear, with a low around -22. Wind chill values as low as -44. West northwest wind 13 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Saturday Sunny and cold, with a high near -6. Wind chill values as low as -46. West wind 9 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a temperature falling to near -17 by 8pm, then rising to around -10 during the remainder of the night. Wind chill values as low as -31. Southwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming light and variable.
- Sunday A 50 percent chance of snow after 7am. Cloudy, with a high near 9. Wind chill values as low as -20. South southeast wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Sunday Night A 50 percent chance of snow before 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -13. Light west wind becoming west northwest 10 to 15 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 1.
- Monday Night A 20 percent chance of snow after 7pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -5. Blustery.
- Tuesday A slight chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 2. Blustery.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -13.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 3.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -3.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 17.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 4.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 9.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Barnes County, ND
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE