Pacific Front Will Bring Snow to Intermountain West, Northern Plains
A weather system moving into the Pacific Northwest will bring rain to coastal regions, along with snow to the Intermountain West and northern Plains Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall amounts will generally be light, though as much as 5-8 inches is possible in the higher elevations of the mountains. The system will also bring much colder air to the northern Plains and Upper Midwest beginning on Thurs.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 9 mph
- Barometer30.11 in (1020.5 mb)
- Dewpoint13°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill14°F (-10°C)
Current conditions at
Chicago Executive Airport (KPWK)
Lat: 42.11 Lon: -87.9 Elev: 646ft.
Vernon Hills IL
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 34. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a temperature falling to near 32 by midnight, then rising to around 36 during the remainder of the night. Breezy, with a southwest wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph after midnight.
- Thursday A chance of drizzle between 9am and noon, then a chance of rain after noon. Areas of fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 40. West southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Thursday Night Rain likely before midnight, then freezing rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 31. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Little or no ice accumulation expected.
- Friday A chance of snow and freezing drizzle before noon, then a chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 33. North northeast wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Saturday A chance of rain, snow, and sleet. Cloudy, with a high near 33. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Saturday Night Snow likely, possibly mixed with sleet. Cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Sunday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 32.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 18.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 3.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 25.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lake County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE