Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedVrbl 6 mph
- Barometer30.19 in (1022.3 mb)
- Dewpoint17°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill24°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
Hartford-Brainard Airport (KHFD)
Lat: 41.73 Lon: -72.65 Elev: 20ft.
Vernon Rockville CT
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 16. Light and variable wind becoming west around 6 mph after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 25. Northwest wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15. Southwest wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 29. Southwest wind 9 to 13 mph.
- Friday Night A chance of snow, mainly after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 26. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday Night Snow before 3am, then snow and sleet likely. Low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Tolland County, CT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE