Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 13 mph
- Barometer30.49 in (1033.0 mb)
- Dewpoint13°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill8°F (-13°C)
Current conditions at
Lawrenceville-Vincennes Intl Airport (KLWV)
Lat: 38.76 Lon: -87.6 Elev: 430ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11. Wind chill values as low as -2. North northwest wind around 10 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 23. Wind chill values as low as -2. North wind around 9 mph.
- Saturday Night Increasing clouds, with a temperature rising to around 21 by 5am. Northeast wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Sunday A chance of snow between 10am and 1pm, then a chance of freezing rain and sleet after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 30. East southeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of snow and sleet before 10pm, then a slight chance of snow between 10pm and 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 23. Calm wind becoming west southwest 5 to 7 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 23.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Friday A 30 percent chance of rain. Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Knox County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE