Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Rain Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedN 9 mph
- Barometer30.08 in (1018.6 mb)
- Dewpoint39°F (4°C)
- Visibility4.00 mi
- Wind Chill35°F (2°C)
Current conditions at
Marthas Vineyard Airport (KMVY)
Lat: 41.41 Lon: -70.62 Elev: 69ft.
Vineyard Haven MA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Rain before 5am, then rain and sleet likely. Patchy fog after 5am. Low around 37. North wind 11 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Saturday A chance of rain and sleet, mainly before 7am. Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 42. North wind 8 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24. Northwest wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 36. North wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow before 2am, then snow and sleet. Low around 30. East wind 8 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain and sleet, becoming all rain after 8am. High near 48. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A chance of rain before 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 37. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27. Breezy.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. Breezy.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Dukes County, MA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE