Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 7 mph
- Barometer30.35 in (1027.7 mb)
- Dewpoint8°F (-13°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill27°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
Washington DC, Reagan National Airport (KDCA)
Lat: 38.86 Lon: -77.03 Elev: 16ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 24. Southwest wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40. West wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Calm wind.
- Saturday A chance of snow before 11am, then snow and sleet likely between 11am and 2pm, then rain, snow, and sleet after 2pm. High near 37. Southeast wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain, mainly before 1am. Low around 34. East wind 5 to 7 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 36.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for District of Columbia, DC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE