Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 10 mph
- Barometer30.14 in (1020.4 mb)
- Dewpoint30°F (-1°C)
- Visibility7.00 mi
- Wind Chill27°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
Boston, Logan International Airport (KBOS)
Lat: 42.38 Lon: -71.03 Elev: 20ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today A slight chance of snow showers before 7am. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 38. Northwest wind 6 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tonight Clear, with a low around 20. Northwest wind 3 to 8 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning.
- Sunday Night Snow likely, mainly after 3am. Cloudy, with a low around 26. East wind 3 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Monday Rain, snow, and sleet, becoming all rain after 2pm. High near 40. East wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A chance of showers, mainly before 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southeast Middlesex, MA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE