Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Mostly Cloudy and Breezy
- Wind SpeedNW 21 G 26 mph
- Barometer30.25 in
- Dewpoint10°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill13°F (-11°C)
Current conditions at
Provincetown Automatic Weather Observing/Reporting (KPVC)
Lat: 42.01 Lon: -70.2 Elev: 7ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 31. Blustery, with a northwest wind 15 to 21 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 23. Breezy, with a west wind 11 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33. Windy, with a west wind 21 to 26 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Blustery, with a northwest wind 15 to 23 mph.
- Saturday A chance of snow, mainly after 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 29. North wind 11 to 14 mph becoming northeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Saturday Night Snow before 4am, then rain, possibly mixed with snow. Low around 29. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday Rain and snow likely, becoming all rain after 7am. Cloudy, with a high near 41. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Tuesday A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Barnstable County, MA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE