Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 7 mph
- Barometer30.55 in (1035.4 mb)
- Dewpoint6°F (-14°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill0°F (-18°C)
Current conditions at
Lafayette, Purdue University Airport (KLAF)
Lat: 40.43 Lon: -86.93 Elev: 623ft.
West Lafayette IN
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 22. Wind chill values as low as -4. North wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around 13. East northeast wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Sunday A chance of snow before 4pm, then a chance of snow and freezing drizzle. Cloudy, with a high near 28. East wind 10 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow and freezing drizzle before 1am, then a slight chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 22. East southeast wind 9 to 11 mph becoming west southwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 27. West wind 11 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 23.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Tippecanoe County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE