Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 5 mph
- Barometer30.04 in (1017.5 mb)
- Dewpoint40°F (4°C)
- Visibility8.00 mi
- Wind Chill41°F (5°C)
Current conditions at
Sussex Airport (KFWN)
Lat: 41.21 Lon: -74.63 Elev: 420ft.
West Milford NJ
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain, mainly after 4pm. Temperature falling to around 40 by 5pm. North wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain before 10pm, then rain and sleet between 10pm and 4am, then snow and sleet likely after 4am. Low around 29. North wind 3 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Snow and sleet likely, possibly mixed with freezing rain, mainly before 7am. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 37. Northwest wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18. Northwest wind 3 to 6 mph.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 30. Northeast wind 3 to 5 mph.
- Sunday Night Snow, mainly after 11pm. Low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Rain and sleet, becoming all rain after 1pm. High near 39. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Passaic, NJ
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE