Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.27 in
- Dewpoint12°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Greater Cumberland Regional Airport (KCBE)
Lat: 39.62 Lon: -78.77 Elev: 774ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 14. West wind around 14 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33. West wind 10 to 14 mph.
- Friday Night A chance of snow after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. West wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Snow before 1pm, then snow and sleet between 1pm and 4pm, then snow, freezing rain, and sleet after 4pm. High near 31. Calm wind becoming southeast around 6 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain or freezing rain before midnight, then rain and snow. Low around 30. Calm wind becoming west around 6 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Snow showers likely, mainly before noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow showers before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 39.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Extreme Western Allegany, MD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE