Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.57 in (1035.1 mb)
- Dewpoint19°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
New Bedford Regional Airport (KEWB)
Lat: 41.69 Lon: -70.97 Elev: 82ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Increasing clouds, with a high near 35. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the afternoon.
- Tonight Snow likely before 4am, then snow and sleet. Low around 28. Calm wind becoming east 5 to 9 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow and sleet accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Monday Rain and sleet, becoming all rain after 1pm. Patchy fog before 2pm. High near 42. East wind 6 to 11 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Monday Night A chance of rain, mainly before 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. West wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday A chance of rain and snow showers before 3pm, then a chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. West wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tuesday Night A slight chance of snow showers before 9pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 34.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Bristol, MA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE