Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 9 mph
- Barometer30.07 in (1018.3 mb)
- Dewpoint6°F (-14°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill8°F (-13°C)
Current conditions at
Hartford-Brainard Airport (KHFD)
Lat: 41.73 Lon: -72.65 Elev: 20ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 31. Southwest wind 8 to 14 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 29 mph.
- Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around 14. North wind 3 to 6 mph.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 11am. High near 24. Northeast wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Snow before 3am, then snow and sleet. Low around 22. Northeast wind 9 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Sunday Snow and sleet likely before 10am, then a chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. North wind 8 to 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of snow before 8pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 17. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 26.
- Monday Night A chance of snow showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 13. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Hartford County, CT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE