Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 8 mph
- Barometer30.54 in (1035.7 mb)
- Dewpoint-3°F (-19°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-7°F (-22°C)
Current conditions at
Indianapolis, Eagle Creek Airpark (KEYE)
Lat: 39.83 Lon: -86.3 Elev: 820ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 21. Wind chill values as low as -13. Southwest wind 5 to 13 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 13. Southwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. South southwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Friday Night Snow. Low around 27. South wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday Snow. High near 32. Southeast wind around 6 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 24.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29.
- Monday Night A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Boone County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE