Winter Storm Continues Across Central U.S.
The powerful winter storm that has been affecting much of the central and western U.S. continues to intensify as it moves into Canada. Snow is tapering off across the Upper Midwest, but heavy snow is possible on Thur. from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley. Freezing rain is possible from TX to the Ohio Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 6 mph
- Barometer29.93 in (1013.5 mb)
- Dewpoint65°F (18°C)
- Visibility1.75 mi
Current conditions at
Wayne County Airport (KEKQ)
Lat: 36.86 Lon: -84.86 Elev: 963ft.
Whitley City KY
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Occasional showers and possibly a thunderstorm, mainly before 4pm, then scattered showers and thunderstorms after 4pm. High near 69. Southwest wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Tonight Scattered showers and thunderstorms, then occasional showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 9pm. Low around 41. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
- Friday Rain and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. High near 45. North wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
- Friday Night Rain or freezing rain before 3am, then a chance of drizzle between 3am and 4am, then a chance of freezing drizzle after 4am. The rain could be heavy at times. Low around 30. North wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday A chance of freezing drizzle before 11am, then a chance of drizzle between 11am and 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 35. North wind around 8 mph.
- Saturday Night A chance of snow before 1am, then snow, freezing rain, and sleet likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 9am, then rain. High near 46. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 39. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday A 50 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45.
- Monday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 20.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for McCreary County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE