Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 17 mph
- Barometer30.42 in (1031.3 mb)
- Dewpoint15°F (-9°C)
- Visibility9.00 mi
- Wind Chill9°F (-13°C)
Current conditions at
Wichita Falls, Sheppard Air Force Base (KSPS)
Lat: 33.98 Lon: -98.48 Elev: 1027ft.
Wichita Falls TX
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 25. North wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 6. Wind chill values as low as -7. North northeast wind around 9 mph.
- Saturday A chance of snow, freezing drizzle, and sleet after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 19. Wind chill values as low as -8. North northeast wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Night A chance of snow, freezing drizzle, and sleet before midnight, then a chance of freezing drizzle. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12. East northeast wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Sunday A chance of freezing drizzle before noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 33. East wind 5 to 8 mph becoming south in the morning.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 31.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 19.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 40.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 45.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Wichita County, TX
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE