Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 12 G 21 mph
- Barometer30.08 in (1018.8 mb)
- Dewpoint30°F (-1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill32°F (0°C)
Current conditions at
Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Intl Airport (KAVP)
Lat: 41.33 Lon: -75.73 Elev: 930ft.
Wilkes Barre PA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Rain. High near 44. North wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain, snow, and sleet before 2am, then sleet likely, possibly mixed with snow. Low around 28. North wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 8am. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 36. Northwest wind 7 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18. Northwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Sunday A chance of snow after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night Snow before 1am, then snow, possibly mixed with freezing rain and sleet. Low around 28. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday A chance of rain or freezing rain before 11am, then a chance of rain showers. Cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Luzerne County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE