Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 6 mph
- Barometer30.09 in (1019.7 mb)
- Dewpoint37°F (3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill33°F (1°C)
Current conditions at
Chicopee Falls / Westover Air Force Base (KCEF)
Lat: 42.21 Lon: -72.53 Elev: 246ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Rain, snow, and sleet, becoming all snow after 3am. Patchy fog between 1am and 2am. Low around 28. Northwest wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow and sleet accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 35. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 14. Northwest wind around 6 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Snow, mainly after 2am. Low around 21. Calm wind becoming east 5 to 7 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet, becoming all rain after noon. Patchy fog between noon and 1pm, then Patchy fog after 5pm. High near 37. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A chance of rain before 7pm. Patchy fog before 9pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 24.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Hampshire, MA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE