Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Overcast and Breezy
- Wind SpeedNW 24 G 33 mph
- Barometer29.97 in (1014.8 mb)
- Dewpoint29°F (-2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill36°F (2°C)
Current conditions at
Poplar Bluff Municipal Airport (KPOF)
Lat: 36.77°N Lon: 90.32°W Elev: 479ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a temperature falling to around 39 by 3pm. North northwest wind around 16 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 27. North northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light north after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 55. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 38. South southwest wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 65. South southwest wind 9 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43. South southwest wind 7 to 11 mph becoming west after midnight.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 61. Light and variable wind becoming north northeast 5 to 7 mph in the morning.
- Saturday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42. East wind around 8 mph becoming north northeast after midnight.
- Sunday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 53. North northeast wind 10 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. North wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 51. North northeast wind around 7 mph becoming east southeast in the afternoon.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36. South wind around 8 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 63. South wind 9 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Wayne County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE