Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.71 in (1006.4 mb)
- Dewpoint35°F (2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Chicago Executive Airport (KPWK)
Lat: 42.11°N Lon: 87.9°W Elev: 646ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon A 30 percent chance of rain after 5pm. Cloudy, with a steady temperature around 39. North northeast wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Tonight Rain and snow, becoming all snow after 10pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 23. Windy, with a north northeast wind 15 to 20 mph increasing to 25 to 30 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Wednesday Snow likely with areas of blowing snow before 10am, then areas of blowing snow and a chance of snow after 10am. Cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 20 by 11am. Windy, with a north wind 25 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 9. Wind chill values as low as 1. Blustery, with a north wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph after midnight.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 47.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Sunday A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cook County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE