Pacific Front Will Bring Snow to Intermountain West, Northern Plains
A weather system moving into the Pacific Northwest will bring rain to coastal regions, along with snow to the Intermountain West and northern Plains into Thursday. Snowfall amounts will generally be light, though as much as 5-8 inches is possible in the higher elevations of the mountains. The system will also bring much colder air to the northern Plains and Upper Midwest beginning on Thurs.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.89 in (1013.0 mb)
- Dewpoint25°F (-4°C)
- Visibility5.00 mi
Current conditions at
Chicago Executive Airport (KPWK)
Lat: 42.11 Lon: -87.9 Elev: 646ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today A chance of drizzle between 10am and 3pm, then a chance of rain or drizzle after 3pm. Patchy fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 37. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tonight Rain. Steady temperature around 35. Light and variable wind becoming north 10 to 15 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Friday A chance of rain before noon, then a slight chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a high near 33. Breezy, with a north northeast wind 15 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Friday Night A slight chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a low around 30. Northeast wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday A chance of rain and sleet before noon, then a chance of snow and sleet. Cloudy, with a high near 35. North wind 5 to 15 mph becoming east northeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Saturday Night Rain. Low around 32. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Sunday Rain and snow likely, becoming all snow after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 34. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Monday A chance of light snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 19.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Christmas Day A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cook County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE