Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSSE 6 MPH
- Barometer30.30 in (1026.2 mb)
- Dewpoint28°F (-2°C)
- Wind Chill21°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Aurora, Aurora State Airport (KUAO)
Lat: 45.24889 Lon: -122.76556 Elev: 194ft.
6 Miles WNW Canby OR
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Areas of freezing fog after 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. Light and variable wind.
- Thursday Rain or freezing rain after 10am, becoming all rain after 1pm. Areas of freezing fog before 10am. High near 40. Light and variable wind becoming south 5 to 8 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New ice accumulation of around a 0.1 of an inch possible.
- Thursday Night Showers. Low around 38. South wind 13 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Friday A 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 46. South southwest wind around 7 mph.
- Friday Night Areas of fog after 10pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. South southwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45.
- Saturday Night A 40 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Sunday A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 46.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Tuesday A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44.
- Tuesday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39.
- Wednesday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Greater Portland Metro Area, OR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE