Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 7 mph
- Barometer30.21 in
- Dewpoint9°F (-13°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill15°F (-9°C)
Current conditions at
Winchester Regional (KOKV)
Lat: 39.15 Lon: -78.15 Elev: 728ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly clear, with a low around 16. West wind around 8 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Friday Night A chance of snow after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Snow before 1pm, then snow and sleet between 1pm and 4pm, then freezing rain and sleet after 4pm. High near 32. Calm wind becoming east around 6 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Freezing rain, possibly mixed with rain, mainly before midnight. Low around 31. East wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 41.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Frederick, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE