Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 10 G 22 mph
- Barometer29.06 in
- Dewpoint48°F (9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Winchester Regional (KOKV)
Lat: 39.15°N Lon: 78.15°W Elev: 728ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 7pm. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 19. Windy, with a northwest wind 17 to 22 mph increasing to 27 to 32 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 27. Blustery, with a northwest wind around 25 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 19. Northwest wind 8 to 13 mph becoming light west after midnight.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 58. Light south wind increasing to 6 to 11 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36. Southwest wind around 9 mph.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 56.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 48.
- Sunday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 49.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Frederick, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE