Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Snow Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedW 7 mph
- Barometer30.33 in (1028.4 mb)
- Dewpoint13°F (-11°C)
- Visibility1.50 mi
- Wind Chill7°F (-14°C)
Current conditions at
Chicago Executive Airport (KPWK)
Lat: 42.11 Lon: -87.9 Elev: 646ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow before 10am. Temperature falling to around 9 by 5pm. Wind chill values as low as -8. Blustery, with a west northwest wind 10 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 2. Wind chill values as low as -16. West wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 19. Wind chill values as low as -14. West southwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13. West southwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 27. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming south southeast in the afternoon.
- Friday Night A 40 percent chance of snow, mainly after 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Saturday Snow likely, mainly after 7am. Cloudy, with a high near 30. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Sunday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 19.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Monday A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23.
- Monday Night A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Tuesday A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 30.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cook County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE